If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else.” Dave Ramsey
The last few years, have been a biblical lesson on money like no other. The entire world has been affected by greed. Greed to the 10th power is really a better description. Too much lending, too much borrowing, too much “how can I get ahead no matter what happens to anybody else”. It has been a mess. But even if it the recession was declared over, (who said?) the economic struggles are still very real to most of us. The struggle puts us in the situation many days of asking the question, “Where should we turn.?” In the next few weeks I hope you will have that question answered.
The word of God has always been the text book for our financial plans. Spend less, save more and give generously, have been shouted from the roof tops as basic guidelines for living. The sad truth of our world is that most people have chosen to ignore one, two or all three of these teachings. Truth be told, there have been times of my life when I too have not paid as close attention to these teachings as I should have. We know that financial decisions affect every area of our life and I want those decisions to effect you in a positive, Godly way. Some today may feel like you are in bondage, others just frustrated but I want you to be free. In light of this opportunity for life, I invite you to join us from March 6 to April 17 on the journey to a more generous life. It will be a wonderful opportunity for each person, each family to dig deeper into God’s word and learn about God’s plan for our money and our attitudes toward it. Besides the daily devotional that we encourage you to read as families and individuals, take tome each week to work through the special projects. Each project will help you gain insights into your own financial practices and help you celebrate what God is doing and showing you in the Bible.
The Deacon Board is excited to lead us on this journey as one of the spiritual emphasis events of 2011. They hope this will have a profound impact on your life in faith . We hope you will join us and complete the devotions and projects to take full advantage of the teaching. God bless you as you live and learn.
God’s desire is for Christians to learn to…
- Give cheerfully-2 Corinthians 9:7
- Give generously-I Chronicles 29:14-17, 2 Chronicles 31:5
I Timothy 6:17-19
Give systematically-Genesis 28:16-22, Deuteronomy 14:22
Proverbs 3:9-10, Mark 14:3-9
- Give reverently-Deuteronomy 14:23, Leviticus 22:20
Malachi 1:6-9, Matthew 2:11
- Give proportionately-Exodus 35:5, 2:69, I Corinthians 16:2
- Give joyfully-2 Chronicles 24:10, 29:17 and 29:36
2 Corinthians 8:2
- Give willingly-Exodus 35:21-22, I Chronicles 29:6
2 Corinthians 8:12
- Give regularly-Deuteronomy 16:16, Nehemiah 10:35-39
I Corinthians 16:2
- Give faithfully-Deuteronomy 14:27, 2 Chronicles 31:4-8
- Give expectantly-Genesis 28:20-22. Malachi 3:8-10
Luke 6:38, 2 Corinthians 9:6-11
- Give eternally-Matthew 6:19-20, Mark 10:21
Hebrews 11:13-16, 1 Timothy 6:19
- Give extravagantly-Exodus 35, 1 Chronicles 29:2-9
Mark 12: 41-44, John 12: 1-8
- Give thoughtfully-Haggai 1: 3-11
- Give worshipfully-Acts 10:1-4
- Give secretly-Matthew 6:4
- Give thoughtfully-2 Corinthians 8:2-3
Produced by Mark Lloydbottom of Crown Financial Ministries ( http://www.crownuk.org/).